Monday, February 7, 2011

2010 Top Kpop songs performed by... an orchestra?!

So the hallyu movement seems to be going strong- so strong that someone composed a medley of some of the most popular Korean songs from 2010 into an orchestral piece.


The songs used are the following:
1. SHINee – Lucifer
2. SHINee – Ring Ding Dong
3. Super Junior – Bonamana
4. U-Kiss – Man Man Ha Ni
5. T-ara – I Go Crazy Because Of You
6. BEAST – Shock
7. Big Bang – Haru Haru
8. FT Island – I Hope
9. Wonder Girls – 2 Different Tears
10. BEAST – Mystery
11. 4Minute – HUH
12. T-ara – Bo Peep Bo Peep
13. KISS – Because I’m A Girl
14. 2AM – I Will Never Let You Go Even If I Die
15. DBSK – I Believe
16. SNSD – Gee

Even if you haven't heard half of these songs, it's pretty cool sounding... And it's even cooler to know that there are 16 different (Korean) songs in a 6.5 minute piece.. performed by the Nanyang Polytechnic Chinese Orchestra. They're even using some traditional Chinese instruments! Korean music seems to be popular in a lot of different ways these days! Hallyu movement is going strong :)

4 comments:

  1. I love orchestral music! It is great to have this site to learn more about Korean music of all genres. I would like to learn more about the hallyu movement and how it started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get the music? I want to show my Orch teacher so we can play it for a concert of something... I have been searching for something like this. Most of the people in my Orch are Korean, so this will affect us a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I have no idea :(. You could try contacting them through their YouTube page maybe?

      Delete
    2. Found their blog!

      http://nypco.blogspot.com/

      You can also email them: nypchineseorchestra@gmail.com

      Good luck! :)

      Delete